Archive

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

N is for Narg

So I have decided to change it up for the latter half of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  During the first half of the Challenge I focused on weapons, items and people from the real world (or from mythologies of the real world) who inspired portions of my campaign setting Verdenheim and my personal gaming style. For the remaining time I will focus on fictional weapons, items and people that have also inspired me.


To kick this off we have Narg.  Narg is a monstrous character from Robert Jordan’s The Wheel of Time series. Narg is one of the first Trollocs we see in the first book, The Eye of the World, and the only one (as of Towers of Midnight) that we ever experience speaking. Limited and coarse though his vocabulary was, Narg’s short dialogue has become infamous with WoT fans the world over.  It was jokingly postulated that Narg is the one who killed Asmodean (one of the Forsaken, a powerful baddie, who was teaching the protagonist, Rand al’Thor, how to use the One Power, the magic of Randland)

No comments:

Post a Comment